Wednesday 25 January 2012

happy trousers day

Little Bear bounced out of bed one bright sunny morning.

IMG_0713

He took off his stripy pyjamas and looked for his trousers.  He looked on the chair where he had left them and he looked on the floor.  But his trousers were nowhere to be seen.  So he went off to speak to Old Bear.  ‘Where are my trousers?’ he asked.  ‘Have you seen them Old Bear?’

IMG_0714

Old Bear hadn’t seen them.  But he thought that maybe Camel might have seen them.  So Little Bear trotted off to see Camel.  ‘Where are my trousers?’ he asked. ‘Have you seen them Camel?’

‘Oh dear,’ replied Camel.  ‘I did find them.  I thought they were a pair of hump warmers…..

IMG_0577     IMG_0574     IMG_0587

but they were no good.  They didn’t fit properly.  So I gave them to Sailor.’

So Little Bear trotted off to see Sailor. ‘Where are my trousers?’ he asked. ‘Have you seen them Sailor?’

‘Oh dear,’ replied Camel. ‘I did find them. I thought they would make good sails for my boat…..

IMG_0585

but they were no good.  They looked too much like trousers.  So I gave them to Dog.’

Dog had given them to Rabbit, so Little Bear trotted off to see him. ‘Where are my trousers?’ he asked. ‘Have you seen them Rabbit?’

‘Oh dear,’ replied Rabbit. ‘I did find them. I thought they would make good ear warmers…..

IMG_0578     IMG_0571     IMG_0586

but they were no good. They let in the cold air.  So I gave them to Zebra.’

Zebra had given them to Duck, so Little Bear trotted off to see him. ‘Where are my trousers?’ he asked. ‘Have you seen them Duck?’

‘Oh dear,’ replied Duck. ‘I did find them. I thought they would make a good flag for my sandcastle…..

IMG_0576     IMG_0579     IMG_0584

but Bramwell Brown told me they were just what he needed in the kitchen.

So Little Bear trotted off to the kitchen, where Bramwell Brown was making a cake.  He had filled Little Bear’s trousers with pink icing and was using them to decorate a ‘special occasion’ cake; there was pink icing everywhere .

IMG_0573

Poor Little Bear…..but don’t worry - the story (the original of which was written by Jane Hissey) had a happy ending (as stories usually do).  Duck washed the trousers, and everyone enjoyed a slice of the beautifully iced ‘special occasion’ cake.  A beautifully iced Trousers Day cake.  Happy Trousers Day!

IMG_0716

Oh and just in case you were wondering, Little Bear took precautions to make sure he never again lost his trousers; every night he tucks them underneath his pillow…..

IMG_0717

before he goes to sleep.

PS If you had found Little Bear’s trousers, what might you have used them for?

No comments:

Post a Comment